About Me

My photo
I currently am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am from Arkansas and came to the University to play basketball on a full scholarship. I love having a great time with friends and just relaxing. I am always on the go and a very busy person. My family, friends, and god are the most important to me and I don't know what I would do without them.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Homework April 4


When i was reading over Kaia's story, I was very shocked and impressed. I just can't believe a father would teach a 3 year old to world through the internet and technology. This made me think about when i get older and have kids, that they should know a lot and want to learn from the types of technology that we are using today. The relationship ship between the father and the daughter was very strong and i believe that helped with the learning that she was trying to learn from him. Kids learning at such a young age is a great thing to me because when they get older, not everything will it them at once. Who saids that we can't teach our kids at a young age? Wouldn't that be a great thing? Also, the father seemed a little timid to the fact of showing and teaching his daughter about the online world. If this was my kid, i would be a little nervous to because there are many people out there that can do bad things or things that they are not supposed to. But as a parents, teach your kids the problems and how you should and will avoid them. There are a lot of opportunities for us using the technology that we have today and i believe that there should be no limit on how much or how we use the technology given to us. I really enjoyed watching Kaia's story and i think it was very inspirational.

Comment4kids
This week in comment4kids Jordan had a presentation on the beach and swimming in the oceaon. Seems to me that he is learning a lot and enjoying himself.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren, this story was assigned to me as a student of Doc Strange in the previous semester and while I was just browsing I noticed your comment. Kaia's story touched me so much that I (That's I with a capital letter) felt moved and posted a comment that got a return message from her father. It's amazing how someone can touch you that you will never meet but will leave you with a thought and an emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. We should teach our kids at an early age. Even if it is just going outside and taking pictures of the surroundings. It also allows for father-daughter bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted say great job on your blog postings. This was a pretty good story and I really enjoyed it. I believe we should teach children about technology at a early age.

    ReplyDelete