About Me

My photo
I currently am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am from Arkansas and came to the University to play basketball on a full scholarship. I love having a great time with friends and just relaxing. I am always on the go and a very busy person. My family, friends, and god are the most important to me and I don't know what I would do without them.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Homework for March 12 week 9



Alex

ALEX stands for Alabama Learning Exchange and provides very acknowledge website to help teachers. Some examples of things to find in the website are lesson plans, the course of study you are trying to fulfill, and personal learning sites that can help you use new tools in the classrooms. Also, it shows the latest news and provides opportunities for you as a teacher. If needed help while looking through this website, the help icon can help you with what you are looking for. It can always help you with your questions and the areas you are having problems with.

After spending time in the website, I really got to browse and explore in many different areas. I believe that this website is very useful and can help us as future teachers. While I was looking into all this information, I was thinking to myself what could really help me become a successful teacher in the classroom. Everything on this website could help you become a great teacher. Even while looking through the lesson plans, it gives you ideas that you can start off with or even use for the classroom.

Access

Access is a website that allows both teachers and students to connect. This also is a very positive way for students to learn as well as the teachers. If students are having problems, this allows the teachers to interact and get a better feel of how their students are feeling and what areas they are struggling in. Also, this is a new tool for the students and the teachers so that the teachers will become more successful as well as the students.

Some of the links in Access that are provided are the Educators, Students, Technical Support and the Courses. The website also provides updates and allows you to see what is going on through the whole website. The classrooms are being able to link to one another so everyone can learn from eachother. I believe that this a great tool that can really help and teach our students and teachers for the better.

Comments for kids
After reading over the entire blog, my classroom and kids that I checked up on were learning about wildlife in the classroom. The kids seem to be very interested and exciting to learn new things. The teacher is doing a great job!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say Great Blog Post! I feel that these websites would be very beneficial to many future teachers and also students. I was very interested that many different high schools are offering distance education for students who needed to attend classes that were not offered at their school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job Lauren! You explained these websites very well and spoke about all the helpful things that they offer.

    ReplyDelete