About Me

My photo
I currently am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am from Arkansas and came to the University to play basketball on a full scholarship. I love having a great time with friends and just relaxing. I am always on the go and a very busy person. My family, friends, and god are the most important to me and I don't know what I would do without them.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Homework for February 28 Week 7

Dr. Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream

After watching the video with Dr. Miller, I had one major concern that he talking about. He said something on the lines of how listening and watching could be a better learning tool than reading a writing. I disagree with this idea for a few reasons. Some students do not do well in the classroom with just listening and watching. Also, some students might have to read over something more than once to be able to comprehend something. Writing helps the kids see what is being taught and by just sitting and listening, the kids might get bored or not always understand.

All four techniques need to be used in the classroom. Any type of learning tool can help the students in the classrooms to progress in their work. Some people could agree with me that listening and watching is a must faster tool, but could it really work and help the students in their learning? I think those tools could really help, but I don't think those should be the only tools used. We have a great future with all the new technology coming out and I believe all of these tools could help the technology become even stronger.

The future is a very important part in our students lives. If we has teachers don't not prepare them with the right amount of material needed in the classroom, then we are wasting our time. All of this new technology could really help us in the classroom and to be able to provide our students with the right teachings.

Wendy Drexler: The Networked Student

I really enjoyed watching and listening to this video. I believe that this video can really offer and give us great help in the learning process that we are trying to live in. I really enjoyed at the end of the video when it talked about the teachers caring and guiding the students to great success. I believe the better understand that the teachers have, the better the students will want to learn. Having teachers that are involved and willing to teach are the teachers that want to help students in their future.

Connecting learning is also a growing process that we are using in our world today. This really has a lot to offer us with the different kinds of technology. Using different kinds of technology can have the students learning in different ways and able to learn better. The video did have some great and fun facts in there that we needed for future teachers such as ourselves.

Michael Wesch

Dr. Wesch made some great points in his presentation that i really enjoyed listening too. Some of the parts and things he talked about were hard to follow. After watching the video over, it caught my attention when he started talking about YouTube. YouTube is coming used in all over the world. Anyway can use it and it is a great tool for many things. People use YouTube so that whatever video or talk that they make, anyone can see or use the site. YouTube is a great tool that can help us in the future.

Also, Dr Wesch talked about how Facebook and twitter are used today. Back in the old days, there wasn't great technology that we have now. Facebook and twitter allows us to talk to friends and family members and we can even us these tools to helps with classes or contact a teacher. Much like email, technology makes things a lot easier for us than it would back in the day.

Being in college has really changed me and after watching this video it really make me think. I can really relate to when he talked about self presentation. I have always been an outgoing person, but never have been good of writing a speech and giving it to the class. In college, there is public speaking to help with that. This allows us as young students, to be able to progress and succeed in the world that we live in now.

Teachers and students comment for kids

Over the past few weeks, I have been commenting on students blogs. Most of the blogs talk about what they do in class everyday and how they are learning a lot from the new technology. Also, having looking over the teachers blogs, it is really interesting how they use their blogs, The are very detailed and show great things about what they are using in the classrooms.

My PLN

3 comments:

  1. I also found the Michael Wesch video a little hard to follow but, when he mentioned things like youtube, facebook and twitter it was a little easier to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...watching this video it really make me think." Good. That is what i hoped it would do!

    I hope to have Ms. Drexler Skype the class this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that you tube is a great tool and the great thing about it is its free!!

    ReplyDelete