About Me

My photo
I currently am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am from Arkansas and came to the University to play basketball on a full scholarship. I love having a great time with friends and just relaxing. I am always on the go and a very busy person. My family, friends, and god are the most important to me and I don't know what I would do without them.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homework for February 21


Dr. Alice Christie's Web Site

After exploring through Dr. Christie's website, I really was impressed and enjoyed reading about her strategies. As i was browsing, I came upon her talking about the importance of internet safety. Since we are starting to use technology a lot more especially computers, I believe this is very important for us as future teachers. For example, as our kids start using the internet for blogs, podcast, etc, we as future teachers need to learn and teach our students the information that they are putting out there. Giving the wrong types of information can attract the wrong kinds of people and that can cause problems

Another interesting point that I saw from Dr. Christie's website was how the internet has become a great tool for teachers and students to get ideas, graphics, videos, and etc. These tools are allowing the students to learn through technology at a great pace. Being able to use the internet as a tool helps the students understand better and focused on what they are trying to learn. We are future teachers need to understand and familiarize ourselves with the technology that is ahead of us so we can learn and teach at the right level.

USA iTunes

After looking over the USA iTunes online, it really is a great tool for students and teachers to look at. In the website, you can look at the podcast that explains and gives a lot of information on the University. Instead of asking people, you can just go to the website and see pictures and information on the University. Here is a link that are helpful from the University
click here Also the website to the University gives all the information you would need about the college click here
.
Duke University use on iPods

Click here A great website!

The University of Duke starting using the ipod as a tool in the year of 2005. After reading over the website, the ipod is a great tool for learning and teaching in the classroom. The ipod is used for a study support tool and a great classroom recording tool. Having an ipod can reduce the materials needed in the classroom and is a great organizer for notes, small groups, assignments, etc. Having this technology has really helped in the classroom because it is an easy tool for the students. Studies have showed by using the ipod, the classroom have improved on the learning by the students. In each study of field, the students have shown by using the ipod, their scores and better understand of proved because of the focus and easier learning they have to work with. I believe that if school started using technology such as the ipod, there would be a lot more improvement. The ipod shouldn't just be used for music, but has shown that it can be used by many more things.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, I totally agree with you about the different post on Dr. Christie's site. I also focused on her topic of internet safety, and found it very helpful and eye opening. I mean we have all been warned about internet safety but I truly believe it is a bigger deal than some people make it out to be. Especially when we are talking about the things children might access while using the internet. The wide web is a very scary place and you never really know what you are getting. This is why I found Dr. Christie's website so helpful. I think that all teachers contemplating the use of internet or computers in their classroom should have to see post like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought up an interesting thought- internet safety. I initially felt uncomfortable giving my full name for my google account, as I do not use it for Facebook or Myspace. It astounds me how many people are completely comfortable giving their zip code, full name, and phone number in public comment boxes for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine being without the internet! Dr. Christie's site is one reason why! We need to get South's iTunesU site more active. I am the only one posting to it from the College of Education at present. Hope to expand that soon. Go Duke. I was an undergraduate there!

    ReplyDelete