About Me

My photo
I currently am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am from Arkansas and came to the University to play basketball on a full scholarship. I love having a great time with friends and just relaxing. I am always on the go and a very busy person. My family, friends, and god are the most important to me and I don't know what I would do without them.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Did You Know?

The video Did You Know showed me some very interesting facts that I had no idea were even true. It really made you think about the world today and the types of technology that is being used. The information shared was the kind of information that no one really even thinks about or never even knew. I like towards the ending when it said durning this video 694,000 song were downloaded and 67 babies were born in the United States. How do people even know that and how long did it take them to figure stuff like this out? It amazes me that we as humans have the brains and skills to do anything that we put our mind too.

Mr. Winkle Wakes

I really enjoyed watching this video because all of it makes so much since and explains the world of how it has changed. Mr Winkle was in shock when he realized how much has changed. Never in 100 years would people think of having computers, cell phones, ipods, printers, or even cars for that matter. The brain has allowed we as humans to go beyond the normal thinking and has pushed us to bigger and better ideas. Mr Winkle was amazed by all of the new technology that was built and how people knew what to do with it all. After going and visiting the classroom, he did realize that the technology might have changed, but the teaching hasn't. I do agree that teachers and students really haven't changed, but what has changed the most is the technology that we use in the classroom and outside of it.

The Importance of Creativity

Mr. Robinson made some great points in his speech and many that i agree with. Creativity is just as important as any type of learning that is being learned. Without creativity what do we as humans have? Creativity is a gift to many people so why not use it and why should it be looked down upon? Education is based on lots of academics and not enough creativity. Many students and children are left out when everything is about academics and not the creativity or the talent that they have. Its very hard the learn something your whole life if you can't enjoy other ways of learning or showing your talent on different levels. Creativity should play an important role in the everyday learning of student and children.

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

In this video, I really like the fact that the students were learning in different ways than a teaching just sitting up in front of a class and giving a lecture. All of the tools and technology being used showed a great way of learning. The skills that these kids are learning will carry on through their entire life and I believe that these tools are necessary and very important. The students are able to connect with people outside of their norm and are experiencing new things. This type of learning is a great way to learn in my opinion. The students aren't the only ones learnings too. The teachers are getting the experience as well and I believe that when teachers and students both are learning, then the learning process works with great wonders.







3 comments:

  1. We have past data over time. For example Apple reports how many apps downloaded since... Divide by days, hour, minutes and seconds and you have a meter like you will see in the assignments for Sunday. Once somebody has done it you can find the info on Google in less than a second. Very different from memorizing!

    "but the teaching hasn't." And how can we address that very important problem?

    We have a lot besides creativity as humans. Some of our creativity (of more and more children) can cause problems if there are too many. But I understand what you are getting at.

    So will you teach like Ms. Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I never knew that but that is very interesting. Google has gone a far way with all this technology.

    When I said "but the teaching hasn't, I think we can address that problem by showing the good progress by the students or the bad. We could even give a pole to the students and ask them questions about the teaching and what is being done is class. If teaching doesn't change, in my opinion, the students won't learn anything and school would be a waste of time.

    I can't teach like Ms. Davis, but I can learn new things and show the new things that I have learned that you or the classmates might not have known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren Walker,

    I heard you posted on
    our blogs. So I want to say
    thankyou. Hope you write more.

    From Tina
    Room16 Pt England School

    ReplyDelete